Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional indemnity insurance is essential for any business that provides a service and or advice, such as accountants, solicitors and other consultants. Home Counties Insurance also provides specialist building contractors and civil engineering insurance policies for architects, surveyors and other companies which are RIBA, ARB or CIAT approved. Although insurance policies vary with specialism, the fundamental elements are the same for all.
Professional indemnity insurance protects against:
- Dishonesty within your organisation
- Mistakes that amount to negligence or breaching duty of care
- Unintentional infringement of intellectual property rights
- Information and file loss.
Professional indemnity insurance covers the cost of legal defence against these claims, along with the penalties and compensation payments if you lose the battle.
Why should you take out professional indemnity insurance?
- To protect your business from costs in the event of an invalid claim.
- In certain circumstances it covers debts owed by clients who refuse to pay if they think your organisation is guilty of negligence and threaten to counter-claim if you follow credit control procedures.
- It is often a regulatory or contractual requirement.
Try us out
Contact us if you would like us to review your policies or provide a quote, or to tell us when your insurance policies are due to be renewed, so we can provide you with an alternative.
“When we have been unfortunate enough to have a claim, it has been handled sympathetically and speedily. This includes a claim where Home Counties was instrumental in us receiving a settlement of nearly £2,000,000, when the insurers originally offered considerably less! We have the highest regard for Home Counties Insurance, and would be happy to recommend them."
Mike Mansell, Director of Frontier Estates Ltd