Cybercrime, Technology Failure and Misuse Liability Insurance
Standard insurance policies do not generally provide adequate cover for technology-based risks such as:
With the increasing pace and extent of our daily information transmission cycles, email, telephone texts and social media ‘slip-ups’ that cause commercial damage are becoming increasingly common. In addition, cybercrime is becoming an offence of choice for lawbreakers who would rather avoid any form of ‘in person’ encounter with their victims or their physical environment.
- Misuse of company email and messaging facilities (for which directors are responsible)
- Information published online which defames or libels a third party
- Damage left by malware (viruses, ransom-ware, worms, Trojan horses, rootkits, keyloggers, diallers, spyware, adware and other malicious software)
- Security breaches that result in unauthorised access to confidential data
- Financial loss caused by website or ISP failure
- Losses caused by hackers and other cyber-criminals.
Try us out
If your company uses computers or any type of mobile device, you will need to consider an internet and cyber-liability insurance package. It’s a complicated, but increasingly important, area, so contact us if you would like us to review your policies or provide a quote, or to tell us when your insurance policies are due to be renewed, so we can provide you with an alternative.
"I would be more than happy to recommend Home Counties Insurance Services to any business or personal friend. My family and I have been dealing with them for at least 20 years for all of our insurances, and I always find them friendly and professional."
Andy Gerrard, Director of Border Engineering Ltd